Memory letter cushions are keepsakes made from your loved ones clothing. They are a lovely way to deal with grief and treasure the memories of loved ones, and turn their clothes into something you can treasure forever. They can be made from any letter of the alphabet, numbers or symbols - maybe or "G" for grandad, or 2 cushions to spell your loved ones initials, or 3 cushions to spell "DAD" - the options are endless.
Unlike many fabric letters (which are fabric glued on a cardboard letter) these letters are stitched with your loved ones fabric, then filled with a hollowfibre stuffing. This method results in a cushion that can be used as decoration but are also a soft and huggable cushion, that can make you feel closer to your loved one.
The cushions can be made from shirts, t-shirts or blouses. There are 4 parts to the cushion - front, middle, back and piping detail, so they can be made from as little as 1 item of clothing, up to 4 items. If sending more than 1 item, please add a note to what part you want the fabric used on - if you have a preference.
|Visit Facebook or Instagram to see examples of recent makes|
How to personalise
- Enter your letter or symbol in the Personalisation box
- Please feel free to add any notes in with the order or requests. I'm also happy to contact you after receiving the clothing, if you want to discuss anything
- Each letter is slightly different width, but all cushions are approx. 25cm tall and 7cm thick.
- Stuffing is a hollowfibre filling
- Please not this product is not suitable for children under 14 years of age and is meant as a keepsake not a toy. This is because the nature of using your recycled clothes, means the keepsakes can not be CE tested.
- If you're wondering "who makes memory keepsakes near me?", then why not order one online. The order process is simple, and your clothing will be taken care of at each stage of the process.
F.A.Q.Q: Can I use a thin blouse?
A: A backing is used on all fabric, so even thin blouses can be used.
Q: Can these stand up and be used as decoration?
A: The letters can stand upright so will look great as shelf decoration, however as they are soft, they may need to lean on something - especially letters like F, J, & P.
I just want to say that once again Sarah has made me something that has given me a piece of my husband back. The cushion is well made and soft. I would recommend Sarah to anyone who wanted a memory cushion
Thank you Sarah for the lovely Memory Keepsake Letter Cushion you have made in the letter M. The cushion is the perfect size to cuddle, and it’s nice and firm too so it won’t lose its shape. The quality of the cushion is first class, and its construction has been really well planned and carried out. The piping around the edge of the letter gives the cushion a nice finish and makes the letter really stand out. We are so pleased with the cushion as it’s another item to remember our Dad by. It’s a sweet addition to our other memory keepsakes made by Sarah, and it will definitely bring us all some comfort too.